We are all rushing through life so we do not notice how we react to life. Most of us, if not all of us have no idea who we are and how we react to life. We always blame conditions or people around us on how we react to life. We blame our parents for creating all our problems and when we grow up we find other people to blame for all our misfortunes. We refuse to take responsibility of our own experiences.
When you stop and take time to look within ourselves and to really examine who you are and what you all about. Well all spirit, energy experiencing a physical existence. We are very sensitive beings, sensitive to energy. This makes us sensitive to every living and on living thing. Actually we have a limited perception about what is living and dead. Everything is living and vibrating as everything is energy.
How do you react to the world if you don’t know who you are? You react with fear, confusion and anger. You look around not understanding and blaming others for your misfortunes. You don’t know how to play the game of life so you fail in life. We have religion which is used to give us identification and a sense of direction. However some of us do not have the direction of religion to teach us about who we are. The human spiritual growth is not limited to religion because we are spirit and spirit is beyond the physical world.
There is the continuous curiosity within each one of us, asking who am I and what is my purpose? Why was I born into this life time? So many questions yet most of us do not explorer these questions. By knowing what or who you are and what is your purpose you will react to life in a positive way. By positive I mean a way that is not uncomfortable and is fruitful to you and others around you. Reacting with love no matter whatever addresses you. In other words the circumstances or conditions that you experience should not affect who you are. They give it fancy titles like EQ Emotional Intelligence. This EQ is spiritual as you grow your EQ even though you cannot see it , it is part of you. It grows resulting from the fact that you understand that you more than your body and mind.
A major component of EQ are:
1. Self-awareness. The ability to recognize an emotion as it “happens” is the key to your EQ. Developing self-awareness requires tuning in to your true feelings. If you evaluate your emotions, you can manage them. The major elements of self-awareness are:
- Emotional awareness. Your ability to recognize your own emotions and their effects.
- Self-confidence. Sureness about your self-worth and capabilities.
2. Self-regulation. You often have little control over when you experience emotions. You can, however, have some say in how long an emotion will last by using a number of techniques to alleviate negative emotions such as anger, anxiety or depression. A few of these techniques include recasting a situation in a more positive light, taking a long walk and meditation or prayer. Self-regulation involves
- Self-control. Managing disruptive impulses.
- Trustworthiness. Maintaining standards of honesty and integrity.
- Conscientiousness. Taking responsibility for your own performance.
- Adaptability. Handling change with flexibility.
- Innovation. Being open to new ideas.
How you react to life is how you react to people, circumstances, situations and all beings including all life. This is inclusive to all animals and plant life. It is a reflection of who you are and what you beliefs are. It is your emotions, thoughts and actions. We have the opportunity to develop ourselves and develop our EQ to become in control of our emotions and thoughts. Therefore resulting to enjoying our lives. As life is meant for enjoyment. This objective of enjoyment has been turned upside down. Now life is about ego about material success. You will definitely not achieve any success if you don’t know how to react to life. Your emotions and thoughts will rule you. This material success is temporal as you continue wanting more cars, more houses more career success, more ego satisfying success.